The blogtastic Mary McKnight posted on Active Rain about “getting memed“. As with all of Mary’s AR posts, it generated a lot of interest. So I set up the first (?) Active Rain meme. It’s the same “5 things you don’t know about me” meme that’s spreading like a bad cold.
What’s a “meme”? To quote Mary:
I was memed this morning by my friend and competitor, Paul Chaney of Blogging Systems. For those of you that don’t know what a meme is: It’s a thought stream carried from one person to another, or, to be more precise, a “unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to the other,” so says Wikipedia. Basically, it’s the blogging equivalent of a chain letter. The cool thing about blogging is that the meme can be tracked. Entire websites are devoted to doing just that. Some memes, however, are deliberate”¦sort of a social game to build community and engender relationships. (My emphasis)
My good cyber-pal Maureen Francis proceeded to tag me (Check Mo’s blog out if you haven’t. It rocks, shiny new theme and all)
So here you have five things about me that you probably didn’t know:
- I’ve jumped out of a perfectly good airplane 12 times. (I *highly* recommend it!)
- I taught my son to play Chess when he was three. By the time he was five, I couldn’t beat him. I have two chess trophies. My son has over 100, including state and national level championships.
- My 13 year old daughter plays piano, clarinet and flute. She doesn’t know it, but she’s getting a saxophone for Christmas. I can’t even play a kazoo.
- I had a 4.0 GPA in college.
- My Point 2 Agent web site is ranked #1 in the world out of 103,000+ Point 2 sites (at least for the moment)
If you’d like to see some of the ActiveRainer’s meme’s please visit this post. And if you haven’t joined the Active Rain network, what are you waiting for? It’s one of my favorite places to hang out. There’s a wealth of info to be had, some
good amazing people to meet, world class bloggers, and more…
[tags]meme, active rain, activerain, mary mcknight, maureen francis[/tags]