Buy a house, get a free car! Believe it or not, it is possible to just that. As Phoenix shifts from an insane seller’s market toward (TOWARD) a true buyer’s market, many sellers are beginning to offer some unique enticements to get the attention of buyers.
The things we’ve seen range from the “typical” to the quite creative…
* Paying for closing costs
* Buying a home warranty
* Including furnishings, appliances, even the pool table.
* Paying the first months (or 2 or 3) mortgage payments
* Credit(s) for landscaping, flooring, appliances, etc.
* Guaranteeing 12 months of rental payments (Investors take note!)
* Paying for a new swimming pool (!)
* Leaving the new Toyota Four-Runner in the garage (!!)
Most of the “bigger ticket” incentives come with the caveat that the offer has to be for full price. As more sellers come to the market and buyers become more scarce, expect to see even more bigger, badder and creative incentives for buyers.