Spend any length of time in the real estate industry and you will hear buzz words like “Unique Selling Proposition,” “Value Add,” and the like tossed about as real estate brokerages volley back and forth in usually futile attempts to differentiate themselves from each other in their on-going quest to hire more real estate agents.
One does not have to look very far to find all sorts of claims and promises from real estate brokers about how they, and only they, can offer agents the key to wealth and fame.
To that, all I can say is…. hogwash.
Why is it that you rarely hear from real estate brokerages about what they can provide home buyers and sellers?
Because as previously mentioned here, there are many brokerages out there that can make money even if their agents never sell a home. In fact, some brokerages would prefer having their agents never sell a home.
It drives me freaking insane.
As I sat here pondering all the… nonsense… that happens in this industry, it occurred to me that I have never made the effort to put in writing (at least in one central place) what Thompson’s Realty values in our business. What we promise to provide for our clients, potential clients, agents and even our competitors.
What I need to pen is our manifesto.
And here it is…
The Thompson’s Realty Manifesto
Thompson’s Realty has one primary purpose, one unified goal, one main philosophy in all of our business operations — to provide our clients unparalleled customer service. That may sound trite or cliché, but it is real. We founded this brokerage based on the belief that we can do something different in real estate. Everything we do, from the hiring of agents, to the implementation of procedures and processess in our brokerage is ultimately done for the express purpose of providing all of our clients, and our agents, with exemplary service.
In the real estate industry, a brokerage has four main groups of people they have to interact with. Below are our promises to each of those groups.
For Our Clients
- You will be treated with the utmost respect by your agent, and by our office.
- You will be told the truth, always. Even if it hurts.
- You will be our primary focus and concern.
- No one will ever try to talk you into doing anything that you are uncomfortable with, or that you do not completely understand.
- You will never be obligated to continue using any service we provide.
- We will make every effort humanly possible to ensure your real estate goals are achieved.
- Your agent will be experienced (or in a mentor relationship with an experienced agent) and professional.
- You will have unfettered access to your agent’s broker and office staff.
For Our Prospective Clients
- You will never be hounded or harassed to “get the sale” (or for any other reason).
- We will attempt to answer any questions you may have.
For Our Real Estate Agents
- You will be always be treated with the utmost respect.
- We will endeavor to provide you with tools you need to be successful.
- We will provide you a work environment of cooperation, not competition.
- You will have the freedom to run your business as you deem best, within (of course) legal and ethical limits and in compliance with this manifesto.
- We will not encumber you with unnecessary rules, regulations and demands.
- You will be paid accurately and immediately.
- You are encouraged to brand yourself.
- You will have 24x7x365 access to your broker and office staff.
For Our “Competitors” and Ancillary Service Providers
- We will treat you like we expect to be treated.
- We will work together with you to achieve a successful transaction closing.
- We will immediately pay commissions due.
Those are our promises. And we plan on keeping them. Always. Unconditionally. Forever.